Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Sue British Tabloid Over ‘Bullying’

Becoming part of the most famous family on Earth can’t be easy. Meghan Markle has been scrutinized by tabloids endlessly since it was first announced she and Prince Harry were together. Prince Harry is now taking a stand against the “ruthless” treatment of his wife by the British tabloids.

He released a statement on October 1st about how he and Markle have tried to “put on a brave face” amid the “relentless propaganda.”

“There is a human cost to this relentless propaganda, specifically when it is knowingly false and malicious, and though we have continued to put on a brave face – as so many of you can relate to – I cannot begin to describe how painful it has been,” said Harry in his statement.

The statement comes after a British tabloid The Mail printed a personal letter from Markle to her estranged father earlier this year. He went on to say that he is done with being a “silent witness” to his wife’s suffering.

“For these select media, this is a game and one that we have been unwilling to play from the start. I have been a silent witness to her private suffering for too long. To stand back and do nothing would be contrary to everything we believe in,” said Harry.

He finished off his statement by saying that he and his wife would be taking legal action against Associated Newspapers, who own The Daily Mail and The Mail On Sunday.

“Though this action may not be the safe one, it is the right one. Because my deepest fear is history repeating itself,” said Prince Harry in the statement. “I’ve seen what happens when someone I love is commoditised to the point that they are no longer treated or seen as a real person. I lost my mother and now I watch my wife falling victim to the same powerful forces.”

Should they win these legal actions, any proceeds paid to Markle will be donated to an anti-bullying charity.